Preventive Healthcare, Hygiene and Sanitation
Ramkrishna Paramhans Hospital
- Shroff’s Foundation Trust run Ramkrishna Paramhans Hospital, Vadodara has been funded to construct a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Critical Care Unit along with of various medical apparatus and equipment and furniture. In current year 25 to 30 infants per month have benefited from this facility at nominal rates.
- In line with the government’s initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission, installation of a Modular Namma Toilets is coming up on platform no. 2 of Vadodara Railway Station. The platform being the busiest among other platforms has an average footfall of 40,000 passengers daily.
Sir Sayaji General Hospital
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of Sir Sayaji General Hospital (SSGH), a public hospital and medical college in Vadodara extends its special services to more than 750 women every month. GES has supported this department with a specialised Endomat and HD Camera which has proven big boon for the patients and medical students both.
Initiatives at Dahej
- For making villages in and around Dahej GACL Plant, open defecation free, a door to door survey has been undertaken to provide toilets to individual families, who would be involved in constructing them in these identified villages. Womenfolk of these villages would be the target group for enlightenment to a sustainable growth. They have shown keen interest in sanitary hygiene for which a special project is underway.
- With an Aim of ensuring quality Menstrual Health and Hygiene among Tribal women of Gujarat, Prerna Project is launched on pilot basis in Chhotaudepur Taluka. Under this initiative, good quality sanitary napkins are provided at a subsidized rate to the women. This project is also supported by Department of Health and Family Welfare of Chhotaudepur.